Monday, February 4, 2013

What The Heck Is Upcycled?!

When I first started my shop on Etsy this is exactly the question I asked! "What the heck is this upcycled business". To me it sounded like a take on recycling. So I did what any other curious mind would do, I Googled it! 
Google informed me upcycling is the process of taking wasteful or useless products and converting them into new materials or products for better environmental value. 
To me this sounded like an awesome idea! Up until this point I had been purchasing all my materials at the local bead store and crafting new product. But why would I buy beads when I can use good product beads that are no longer being in use?! 
I began to look through my own as well as my friends' and families jewelry to find items that are no long used.  I found so many fun and awesome upcycled beads and pendants to get my business started! And from here grew my upcycled and repurposed section of my shop! 
I hope I can keep my upcycled section growing and produce beautiful high quality products. So far upcycling has tested my artistic side at a new level! 
                                                  Upcycled Turquoise and Gold Bracelet
                                             Upcycled Gold Pendant and Pearl Necklace
                                          Upcycled Pearl and Gray Rose Bracelet

No comments:

Post a Comment