Saturday, January 12, 2013

Easiest Enchiladas (And Healthy....Shhhh)



This recipe is so tasty and easy, it is one of my go- to weeknight recipes. I tweaked my mother's recipe to make it a tad bit more healthy and my style. One of the first secrets to this recipe is I throw the chicken in the crock pot for a few hours while I go about my daily chores. After a few hours my chicken is prepped and ready for the enchiladas. Score! So here are the ingredients you need. 
I choose to boil my own black beans. I freeze them and use them when needed. I find them fresher, tastier and less preservatives than canned. But that is up to you! 
Preparation of these enchiladas is simple. Throw it all in the tortilla! But make sure your corn tortillas are warmed up, otherwise they will break when rolled (lesson learned)! 
Place your rolled tortillas in a casserole dish. Top with enchilada sauce, olives and cheese. Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes. Just long enough to make sure you enchilada insides are warm. Yum! 
Top with sour cream, cilantro, salsa, avocado, etc. Seriously this recipe is so easy and delicious! We always finish the dish! 

Easy Enchilada Recipe
Prep Time: 15 Minutes 
Bake Time: 25-30 Minutes

Ingredients: 
2 whole chicken breasts- shredded & Seasoned
1 Can Olives
1 Can Enchilada Sauce (red or green) 
1 cup black beans
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
8 corn tortillas 


No comments:

Post a Comment