Thursday, January 17, 2013

Russian Tea Cookies

Last night I had a craving for cookies. I went to the kitchen to get my ingredients ready for good old chocolate chip cookies (you know, the way your mother made them and you can never get it just right like hers?). Browsing my ingredients I realize I am completely out of brown sugar and eggs. Drat! 
That is when I stumbled upon this recipe. Never had I made Russian tea cookies or tasted them. Well let's give it a whirl! 6 ingredients and 30 minutes later I was biting into these delightful airy treats! 
One secret I must admit is they are not as sweet as I had hoped. They are more of a coffee or tea (hence the name) cookie. Delicious and hopefully you get the chance to make them! 

Russian Tea Cookies
Prep Time: 10 Minutes 
Cook Time: 12-15 Minutes 

Ingredients: 
1 cup soft butter
1/2 cup sifted powdered sugar 
1tsp vanilla
Stir and Sift in: 
2 1/4 cup sifted flour
1/4 tsp salt
3/4 cup chopped nuts (I used my magic bullet! Awesome) 

Chill dough. Roll into balls. Roll in sugar. Bake 10-15 minutes. Mine took about 15. Makes about 4 dozen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment